Your whole family is going to love this recipe for Easy Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore. It’s delicious, healthy, and only requires six simple ingredients.
Contributing post from Kayla @ Time Redone
Here’s my personal take as a busy mom…you can’t go wrong with recipes that have less than 10 ingredients and can be prepped ahead of time. I totally give bonus points for healthy recipes with less ingredients. This delicious and family-friendly chicken cacciatore tops the charts with six simple ingredients and is a sure crowd pleaser.
I use a tomato and basil spaghetti sauce with mine and love the rich flavor of the sauce paired with the zucchini and pepper! The veggies cook down with the sauce in the crock pot and make it extra flavorful and healthy.
Simply add all of the ingredients to your crock pot in the morning or assemble and freeze for a busy weeknight. This recipe freezes great and can be prepped in 10 minutes or less, so I’m including both options below.
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce (I like tomato and basil but feel free to use your favorite kind)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date (which will be three months from the prep date). Add all ingredients to your freezer bag, seal, and freeze.
- When ready to eat, thaw overnight in refrigerator or in morning in water. Add to crock pot and cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
Serve with spaghetti noodles and parmesan cheese. To knock it out of the park, add a side salad and a fresh toasted baguette.
Hi! I’m Kayla. I’m wife to a time traveling superhero (aka an airline pilot) and mom to three amazing, adventuring little girls. I am a coffee loving runner, a wannabe baker, and a passionate maternal health advocate. I am a creative doer, a lover of the great outdoors, and always game for a new adventure. I am passionate about saving time and helping others do the same! Come and visit me at TimeRedone.