Are you looking for new recipes to try this month? I’ve got you covered. I came up with a list of 12 crockpot recipes that are super easy to throw together in the morning. If you’re motivated, you can even prep and freeze all of them this weekend (free shopping list below!).
It’s December already. How did that happen?! Caiden turned four on Tuesday, Jude’s birthday is in two weeks, and I’m going to have to start thinking about Christmas and our new baby at some point. I did manage to mail our Christmas cards and put up our Christmas tree, so I’m considering those huge wins.
To keep our dinners simple this month, I put together a list of 12 easy and healthy crockpot recipes that we love.
What’s so great about these recipes?
- They’re healthy. (Most of them include seasonal veggies like cabbage, carrots, oranges, leafy greens, or sweet potatoes.)
- They can be frozen without any cooking ahead of time. That means they’re very quick and easy to prep and cook for the first time later. (No “leftover” taste.)
- They’re delicious! (I tried all of them myself.)
12 Healthy Freezer Crockpot Meals to Make in December
- Shredded Chicken Quesadillas
- Kale and Chorizo Soup (only 5 ingredients!)
- Mississippi Roast with Carrots and Sweet Potatoes
- Orange-Ginger Chicken from the time I made 6 chicken crockpot meals in 30 minutes
- Taco Soup
- Italian Pork Roast
- Chicken Fajitas from The Humbled Homemaker (serve over rice)
- Zuppa Toscana with Sweet Potatoes
- Beef Roast with Carrots (one of our favorite recipes of all-time!!)
- Red Pepper Chicken
- Beef and Cabbage Soup (my parents tried this recipe and loved it too)
- Chinese Pepper Steak with Green Peppers and Onions (YUM)
Bonus Recipe: Chicken and Sweet Potato Hash (one of my favorite freezer-to-stovetop recipes)
I tried all of these recipes myself, but they don’t all have their own blog posts, so click here for the free printable recipes, full shopping list, and meal planning calendar:
If you look at the calendar above, you’ll see that I picked a “theme” for each day of the week and then found seasonal crockpot recipes that would match that theme. (For example, Shredded Chicken Quesadillas on a chicken-themed Monday.) I also included a variety of tastes and textures so we wouldn’t feel like we were eating the same thing everyday.
My husband, Andy, added text boxes to the calendar, so you can swap the meals to fit your schedule, delete the meals you don’t want to make, etc. I hope your December is full of peace, love, and fun, Friends!