Are you looking for new recipes to try this month? I’ve got you covered. I came up with a list of 12 crockpot recipes that are super easy to throw together in the morning. If you’re motivated, you can even prep and freeze all of them this weekend (full shopping list below!).
October is going to be a very busy month for us. We have a wedding, a bachelorette party weekend, one of our daughter’s birthdays (and birthday party), our anniversary, school field trips and parties, and the normal hustle of everyday life. Phew! Is your life busy now too? Let’s get ahead with these healthy freezer crockpot meals.
What’s so great about these freezer crockpot meals?
- They’re healthy. (Most of them include seasonal veggies like bell peppers, squash, green beans, limes, swiss chard, or sweet potatoes.)
- They can be frozen without any cooking ahead of time. That means they’re very quick and easy to prep and cook for the first time later. (No “leftover” taste!)
- They’re delicious! (I tried almost all of them myself.)
12 Healthy Freezer Crockpot Meals to Make in October
- Eggplant Rollatini (very easy to make fresh)
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Tacos
- Beef Lime Cilantro Chili
- Garden Vegetable Soup with Pesto (better than Panera’s)
- Salsa Verde Chicken
- Cherry Pot Roast with Sweet Potatoes (inspired by the cherry pork loin that I made in this post)
- Greens & Beans
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Chinese Green Pepper Steak (also delicious cooked in a pan on the stovetop)
- Spaghetti Squash with Marinara Sauce (you can add meatballs if you want)
- Ginger-Peach Chicken with Green Beans
- Steak Fajitas
Bonus recipe: Crockpot Apple Crisp! Yum. I love this recipe.
Click here for the free printable recipes, shopping list, and meal planning calendar:
If you look at the meal planning calendar above, you’ll see that I picked a “theme” for each day of the week and then found seasonal crockpot recipes that would match that theme. (For example, Eggplant Rollatini on a “Meatless Monday”.) I also included a variety of tastes and textures so we wouldn’t feel like we were eating the same thing everyday.
My husband, Andy, added text boxes to the calendar, so you can swap the meals to fit your schedule, delete the meals you don’t want to make, etc. I hope you have a great October, Friends!