- 1 1/2 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers (any color), chopped
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes (1 pound), peeled and diced
- 2 cans tomato sauce (15oz each)
- 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (increase to 1 teaspoon for medium-heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Add all ingredients to crockpot.
- Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Break apart beef and stir.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and use-by date (which should be 3 months from when you prepped the meal.
- Remove as much air as possible and freeze for up to three months.
- When ready to eat, thaw enough to break apart and cook according to directions above.