I love crockpot recipes because they’re so easy to make. The thought of cooking dinner at 5pm feels impossible, but adding ingredients to the crockpot in the morning is doable. I went through all of my crockpot recipes and pulled out that ones that are healthy and made with five ingredients or less. A win-win!
What do I consider healthy?
- Recipes made with vegetables
- Fresh meat and seasonings
- Minimal amounts of processed foods
I’m fine with eating everything in moderation, but if I can feed my family healthier options that still taste great, everyone wins.
15 Healthy Crockpot Recipes with Five Ingredients or Less
- Salsa Verde Chicken
- Cranberry Pork Roast
- Cool Ranch Shredded Chicken Tacos (I’m obsessed with this recipe)
- Ginger-Peach Chicken Thighs (you can add green beans the last 30 minutes of cooking for an easy side dish)
- Stuffed Peppers
- Pulled Pork
- Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes (three cheers for a one-pot meal!)
- Lemon Pepper Chicken from the time I froze six chicken crockpot dump recipes
- Lasagna Soup
- Chipotle Beef Roast with Carrots (my favorite)
- Kale and Chorizo Soup
- Ham and Pinto Bean Soup (so good and so easy)
- Lime Shredded Pork from my healthy freezer meal prep session
- Maple Pork Roast with Cinnamon Applesauce (from my eCookbook and shared for free below)
- Chicken Teriyaki from my Whole Foods post
Bonus Recipe: 4-Ingredient Stuffed Mini Peppers (one of my favorite easy recipes for the oven!)
If you’re extra motivated, you can prepare the recipes in plastic baggies and freeze them for later (freeze raw and cook later). Since these recipes are made with so few ingredients, I could probably make all of them in about an hour.