You’re going to love this easy and healthy recipe for make-ahead freezer chicken fajitas. Simply combine all of the ingredients in a plastic freezer bag and freeze for a busy weeknight. Then, when you’re ready to eat, cook it in a big pan on your stovetop. Easy-peasy, dinner is done!
Here’s what I love about this recipe:
- All the prep work is done ahead of time so it takes less than 15 minutes to cook a delicious dinner for my family.
- It’s simple and healthy.
- I can prep a couple freezer bags at once when chicken and peppers are on sale and save $$$.
To be honest, I’ve been making this recipe for years…in my crockpot. While you can certainly cook it that way, sometimes I forget to plan ahead a need a quick and easy dinner idea.
These chicken fajitas are a family-favorite that I love to serve to guests. The simple combination of sweet peppers and seasonings is to-die-for and it’s very easy to adjust the amount of meat based on how many people you’re serving. Enjoy!Print
Serve on tortillas or rice with your favorite fajitas toppings, like shredded cheese, salsa, and guacamole.
- 1-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 medium-sized sweet bell peppers (I like a mix of red, orange, and yellow), sliced
- 1 large sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- The juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to three months.
- When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator (or in warm water, if you forget).
- Cook in large pan on stovetop for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and peppers are tender.