Want to simplify the busy back-to-school season? Stock your freezer with crockpot freezer meals! Here are 31 crockpot recipes that I’ve tried myself (grocery list included!).
First, three reasons I love crockpot freezer meals:
- There’s no cooking required ahead of time so they’re super easy to make. Simply combine the ingredients in plastic freezer bags and freeze for up to three months.
- They cook for the first time out of the freezer and don’t taste like leftovers at all.
- I can save money by buying the ingredients in bulk.
Since I’ve made hundreds of crockpot freezer meals, I decided to compile a list of 31 favorites that would be perfect to eat during the busy back-to-school season. These are all healthy meals that I feel good serving my family.
If you’re nervous about mixing raw meat and vegetables, don’t be. I did a lot of research when I was writing my No Cook Freezer Meals cookbook and, according to the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service, freezing to 0 °F inactivates any microbes present in food (such as bacteria, yeasts, and molds). That means freezing raw meat with vegetables, sauces, and spices is perfectly safe. (You can find more info on food safety here.)
I’ve tried every single one of these recipes myself and they’re healthy, delicious, and easy to make. Enjoy!
31 Crockpot Freezer Meals for Back-to-School
- Chicken Curry
- Honey Dijon Chicken (from my CROCK’D Slow Cooker Freezer Meals eBook)
- Cranberry Pork Roast
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Turkey and Black Bean Chili
- Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole (from The Country Cook)
- Shredded BBQ Chicken
- Meatball Veggie Soup
- White Chicken Chili (from Money Saving Mom)
- Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Philly Cheesesteaks
- Beef and Barley Stew (from Live Simply)
- Beef Roast and Carrots
- Mushroom Spinach Stroganoff
- Greens & Beans
- Chicken Teriyaki
- Cranberry Chicken
- Thai Peanut Chicken (from Mommy’s Fabulous Finds)
- Turkey, White Bean, and Kale Soup
- Stuffed Peppers
- Salsa Verde Chicken (only 5 ingredients!)
- BBQ Chicken Cornbread Casserole
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs (based on this recipe from Once a Month Meals)
- Red Pepper Chicken
- Ginger-Peach Chicken
- Honey Sesame Chicken (from Damn Delicious)
- Ham and Potato Soup
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Southwestern Pork Chili
- Cabbage Casserole (one of our favorites)
- Hawaiian Pork Chops
If you’re motivated to prep and freeze all 31 at once, I typed up exactly how I assemble and cook each meal into a printable pdf (I even included a full grocery list!):
You can also find tons of freezer recipes, tips, and nutrition info in my best-selling freezer eCookbooks.
Thoughts or questions? Please leave a comment below and I’ll respond as soon as I can.
PS A reader created mini versions of some of the recipes that can be printed on white sticker labels. Here’s the file: Sticker Labels