This crockpot pot roast and green beans recipe is a spin on my family’s favorite crockpot beef roast and carrots recipe. The meat cooks down in your crockpot to the point that it melts in your mouth and it makes your house smell amazing in the process. And, with only four ingredients, it couldn’t be easier to make!
I first made this crockpot pot roast and green beans recipe when boneless beef roasts were on sale at the grocery store and I froze six meals for my crockpot. Boneless beef chuck shoulder roasts are my absolute favorite meat to cook in my crockpot.
This is a very easy and delicious recipe that I think your whole family will love. Simply combine the ingredients in your crockpot and let it do all of the work for you. I’m also including instructions for how to freeze the ingredients raw in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. I love having homemade meals like this on-hand for busy weeknights.
Crockpot Pot Roast with Green Beans
Yields: 6 servings
- 2-pound boneless beef chuck shoulder roast, fat trimmed
- 1 pound fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 packet of onion soup mix (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook on “low” setting for 8 hours or until beef shreds easily with a fork. Shred and serve.
- Add all ingredients (except water) to a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze flat in your freezer for up to three months. When ready to cook, thaw and add to crockpot with one cup of water. Cook for 8 hours on “low” setting until beef shreds easily with a fork. Shred and serve.
We normally eat meals like this with brown rice, but I’m sure potatoes would be great too.