Cook fresh or freeze to cook later. Serve with rice, biscuits, or a big side salad.
- 2-pound boneless beef chuck shoulder roast (No substitutions! This is the best cut of meat for the slow cooker!)
- 1-2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- one seasoning packet (We love the McCormick mesquite and chipotle seasonings) or 3 tablespoons of your favorite homemade seasoning mix (Like homemade taco seasoning. Yum!)
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker.
- Add lid, and cook on “low” setting for 8 hours until beef shreds easily with a fork.
To Freeze and Cook Later
Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible and freeze for up to three months. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in refrigerator. Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours, or until meat easily pulls apart with a fork. Shred meat and serve.