Happy 2017! If you’ve been wanting to get into freezer cooking, now is the time. These genius kitchen tools will help you become a freezer cooking pro this year.
The only tools you need to make these meals are a cutting board and knife, but I’ve tried some awesome kitchen tools along the way that make the process even easier. I talked to my freezer-meal-loving cousin, Jill, and we put together a list of our 17 favorites. Happy shopping!
17 Genius Kitchen Tools That Will Help You Master Freezer Cooking in 2017
- Programmable Crock-Pot – Set it and forget it!
- Jokari Hands-Free Baggy Racks – Perfect for when you’re filling bags in an assembly line and don’t want to spill them all over the floor.
- Vidalia Chop Wizard – I hate chopping onions, so this is a must-have.
- Programmable Rice Cooker – We use ours multiple times a week and you can even steam veggies in the top.
- Instant Pot – All the rage and Jill’s new obsession.
- Freezer Cooking Apron – Quickly dry veggies and wipe your hands as you go.
- Wi-Fi Outlet Timer – Turn your old crockpot into a programmable one!
- Mini Whisks – Jill thinks these are the cutest things ever and she uses them to quickly mix sauces and spices.
- Shredder Claws – Super easy way to shred meat after cooking so it absorbs more liquid in the crock.
- Kitchen & Herbs Scissors – Jill uses these to cut raw meat (“blades separate for thorough and easy cleaning”)
- Garlic Twist – I have used many a garlic mincer in my life and nothing is as pain free and easily washable as this one.
- Cutting Board Set – Dishwasher-safe!
- Citrus Juicer – The strainer makes sure no seeds get in the juice, and it has a convenient measuring cup and pouring spout.
- Simple Kitchen Scale – Perfect for measuring bulk meat and veggies.
- Water-Resistant Freezer Labels – a Sharpie works great too, but our Freezer eCookbooks contain filled out labels that you can print on these stickers.
- 8-inch Chef’s Knife – I use this knife to chop everything. It’s amazing.
- Palm Peeler – Super cool for peeling carrots.