Are you looking for new recipes to try this month? I’ve got you covered. I came up with a list of 12 crockpot recipes that are super easy to throw together in the morning. If you’re motivated, you can even prep and freeze all of them this weekend (free grocery list below!).
- They’re healthy. (Most of them include seasonal veggies like cabbage, carrots, oranges, leafy greens, or sweet potatoes)
- THEY’RE DELICIOUS.
- They’re simple, affordable, and easy to make ahead of time and freeze for later.
I tried all of these recipes myself and loved them. I hope your family loves them too.
12 Healthy Crockpot Freezer Meals to Make in December
- Shredded Chicken Quesadillas
- Kale and Chorizo Soup (only 5 ingredients!)
- Mississippi Roast with Carrots and Sweet Potatoes
- Orange-Ginger Chicken from my freezer meal prep session
- Taco Soup
- Italian Pork Roast
- Chicken Fajitas from The Humbled Homemaker (serve over rice)
- Zuppa Toscana with Sweet Potatoes
- Beef Roast with Carrots (one of our favorite recipes of all-time!!)
- Red Pepper Chicken
- Beef and Cabbage Soup (my parents tried this recipe and loved it too)
- Chinese Pepper Steak with Green Peppers and Onions (YUM)
Bonus Recipe: Chicken and Sweet Potato Hash (my new favorite freezer-to-stovetop recipe)
If you’re motivated to prep and freeze all of the meals at once, here is how I assemble and cook each one (including a full grocery list!):
I also went one step further and plugged the recipes into a calendar so you’ll know exactly when to eat each one. The meals are good for at least three months in the freezer, so if you don’t eat all of them this month you’ll have a jumpstart on January.
I started with a “theme” for each day of the week (chicken, soup, roast, etc), and then added the recipes in a way that helps us eat a variety of flavors and textures each week.
My husband, Andy, added text boxes to the calendar, so you can swap out meals that you don’t want to make or fill out the entire month. Yay! (Click the pic above to download to your computer.)