My friend Jana helps me behind the scenes with this blog. She formats a lot of the printable recipes and grocery lists that readers loves so much. I often send her last-minute pleas for help and she always delivers. I appreciate her so much.
Jana knows my recipe style very well so I was super excited when she sent me an idea for Cool Ranch Chicken Tacos. My recent blog post with homemade ranch and taco seasoning packets immediately came to mind and I got to work. The final result was DELICIOUS and my husband loved it so much that he ate all of the leftovers for lunch. The combination of dill from the ranch seasoning and heat from the chili powder and red pepper flakes in the taco seasoning can’t be beat.
Such a fun twist on chicken tacos, Friends. Enjoy!
Cool Ranch Shredded Chicken Tacos (Crockpot Recipe)
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 taco seasoning packet (or this homemade version: 1T chili powder, 1tsp pepper, and 1/2tsp of each of the following – salt, ground cumin, red pepper flakes, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder)
- 1 dry ranch seasoning packet (or this homemade version: 1T dried parsley, 1tsp garlic powder, 1tsp onion powder, 1tsp dried onion flakes, 3/4tsp dill, 1/2tsp pepper, and 1/2 tsp salt. Traditional ranch seasoning packets also include 1T dried buttermilk but I omitted it because I don’t keep it on-hand.)
- Combine all ingredient in crockpot and cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken and mix with sauces and spices left in crockpot.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to to three months.
- When ready to cook, thaw overnight in refrigerator or in morning in water.
- Follow cooking directions above.
Serve on soft tortillas with your favorite taco toppings. YUM.