You’re going to love this easy and healthy recipe for make-ahead freezer chicken fajitas. Simply combine all of the ingredients in a plastic freezer bag and freeze for a busy weeknight. Then, when you’re ready to eat, cook it in a big pan on your stovetop. Easy-peasy, dinner is done!
Here’s what I love about this recipe:
- All the prep work is done ahead of time so it takes less than 15 minutes to cook a delicious dinner for my family.
- It’s simple and healthy.
- I can prep a couple freezer bags at once when chicken and peppers are on sale and save $$$.
To be honest, I’ve been making this recipe for years…in my crockpot. While you can certainly cook it that way, sometimes I forget to plan ahead a need a quick and easy dinner idea.
These chicken fajitas are a family-favorite that I love to serve to guests. The simple combination of sweet peppers and seasonings is to-die-for and it’s very easy to adjust the amount of meat based on how many people you’re serving. Enjoy!
Make Ahead Freezer Chicken Fajitas
Yields: 6 servings if you use two pounds of chicken
- 1-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 medium-sized sweet bell peppers (I like a mix of red, orange, and yellow), sliced
- 1 large sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- The juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to three months.
- When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator (or in warm water, if you forget).
- Cook in large pan on stovetop for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and peppers are tender.