Here’s a recipe for crockpot red pepper chicken that your whole family is sure to love. It’s simple, healthy, and absolutely delicious. (Because who wants to eat healthy food that doesn’t taste good?!?)
I’m really into healthy crockpot recipes. My Complete Freezer Cooking Bundle is full of healthy recipes and I’m working on another cookbook full of “clean eating” crockpot recipes. I’m limiting myself to meats, fruits and vegetables, spices, and healthier processed foods like canned tomatoes and beans.
It’s a challenge, but I love coming up with new recipes. My crockpot beef roast and carrot recipe is one of our favorite recipes ever and it’s super simple and healthy. Proof that real food can be absolutely delicious.
It’s going to take me a while to perfect enough recipes for a new cookbook, so I’m sharing this recipe for crockpot red pepper chicken today. The combination of chicken, red pepper, and garlic is intoxicating. It smells as good as it tastes!
Simply combine all of the ingredients in your crockpot and let it do all of the work for you. It only takes five minutes to prep and the chicken and red peppers end up perfectly tender. Just be careful not to overcook because chicken can dry out easily.
You can also combine the ingredients raw and freeze for up to three months. I frozen two batches of this red pepper chicken during my last chicken crockpot freezer session and when we ate the first bag I was so glad we did. It was delicious!
Crockpot Red Pepper Chicken Recipe
Yields: 3 servings per pound of meat
- 1-2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- 1-2 medium-sized red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced or diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook for 3-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible and freeze for up to three months. To cook, thaw and add to crockpot. Cook on “low” setting for 3-4 hours in a 6-quart crockpot or 6-8 hours in a 4-quart crockpot.
Serve with brown rice and broccoli or a salad. You can also shred the chicken and serve on a tortilla with cheddar cheese. YUM.