I’m so excited to share one of the recipes from my ’15-Minute Freezer Recipes’ cookbook with you!
Every recipe in the cookbook can be prepped in 15 minutes or less. Simply combine ingredients, freeze, and cook in your slow cooker or oven when you’re hungry.
Since there’s no cooking done ahead of time, the recipes cook for the very first time out of your freezer. Finally, freezer meals that don’t taste like leftovers!
Inside the cookbook:
- My family’s 10 favorite freezer recipes – including breakfast, dinner, and dessert
- Freezer meal tips for beginners
- A grocery list for all 10 recipes
- Cute freezer labels
- Nutritional info
- A review from Registered Dietitian Dana White – Nutrition Expert for FoodNetwork.com
Here’s a recipe from my cookbook that you can try for free today…
Freezer-to-Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- 1 medium yellow onion (one cup), chopped
- 1, 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15oz can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained and rinsed
- 1, 14.5oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained (my family likes medium-heat)
- 1, 14.5oz can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen medley of green & red peppers & onion strips
- 1 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Place onion, 2 cans of beans, 2 cans of tomatoes, frozen pepper medley, and corn into a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag.
- Add garlic and seasonings.
- Add chicken. (It’s important to add the meat last so it’s the first ingredient to go into your slow cooker.)
- Remove as much air as you can, and lay bag flat in your freezer. (If you have a standard freezer, the “use by” date will be 3 months from now.)
- Thaw overnight in your refrigerator.
- Add to slow cooker and cook on low for 10-12 hrs or until chicken is tender.
You can find more awesome recipes like this in my ’15-Minute Freezer Recipes’ cookbook. (The eBook is for sale for $5.99 and the printed cookbook $8.99!) Purchase your copy today to start filling your freezer with healthy meals!
A very special thanks to Jacquie from The Sweeter Side of Mommyhood for her amazing photos of my chili. Be sure to check out her blog for chronicles of her life as a baker, book-lover, and art teacher. You know how they say, “It takes a village to raise a child”? Well, it takes a village to run a business too, and Jacquie is certainly part of my village.